Batch Input Recordings SM35
What: A Batch Input Recording is a recording of a series of screens and fields
Why: A Batch Input Recording can be used for multiple uses, some of the more common ones are:
- To test functionality after a change has been done in the system.
- To enter data into a system.
- To create a Function module.
- To create a program.
How: Create a Batch Input Recording via transaction SHDB.
- Transaction SHDB
- Select New Recording button.
- Enter a recording name and a transaction code for example VD02. (Update mode = A, CATT mode = No CATT, Defualt size checked and all other fields unchecked.)
- Start Recording –> Follow the screen and field sequence you wish to record.
- At Commit (save) the recording will end and you will be provided with a list of program and screen and field names, with entered values.
- Now Save
- What you have created now is a simple recording of a sequence of steps with 1 unique set of transactional or master data. As you have no variables in the load/runtime you cannot use this recording to load data or for any other purposes than simple test executions.
- An idea on its use – Execute this same recording any time you change customising and wish to run a series of automated non regression tests.
- To execute it you need to create a batch input session, from within SHDB select “Create Session”, which will then create a session to be executed in SM35.
- Go to SM35 select your session and execute it.
I will do another post with the steps to create a data transfer program using a Batch Input Recording.
- Not all BDC OK codes work such as /nxxxx where xxxx is a transaction code. Another code which does not work is /i
- If you wish to set the cursor on a field in a screen in the batch input use
– Utility field BDC_CURSOR and specify the field name: For example: Cursor on field HUGO, then BDC_CURSOR = HUGO.
- To go to the Batch Input menu, choose “System” -> “Services” -> “Batch input”
- With batch input running, you can:. Delete a running transaction OK code /bdel or BI menu. Call the next transaction /n -“-. Terminate batch input /bend -“-. Set the processing mode . Process in foreground OK code /bda or BI menu . Display errors only /bde -“-. Activate expert mode OK code /bdx or BI menu. Deactivate expert mode /bdy -“
- You can record sessions using SHDB (The transaction Recorder).
- You can examine logs/print/export and archive them with SM35P.